Rodent Control in Food Facility
Rodent control is vital in food processing plants and facilities because of the severe damage pests can cause to products and raw materials, resulting in lost revenue. Moreover, rodents in a work environment pose serious hazards both to employees and the building's structural integrity. Having an effective rodent control plan in place is essential for protecting your facility.
At Woodstream, we understand the risks surrounding the presence of rodents in your food processing plant. That's why we offer one of the most advanced rodent control products in the industry. Our Victor® VLINK™ system allows you to reduce existing mice populations while identifying the root causes of entry.
Recognizing Signs of Rodents in Your Facility
Rodents are instinctively drawn toward food, making food processing plants and warehouses especially vulnerable. Rats and mice are habitually nocturnal and secretive — they rarely appear during the day, except when infestations are heavy. Therefore, it is necessary to interpret signs of their activities correctly to plan effective extermination measures.
Mice nest close to food sources and are known for their rapid breeding capacity. Risks associated with rodent infestation are damage to property, packaging, machinery, electrical equipment and food containers, contamination of food with droppings, fur and urine, and the transmission of dangerous parasites, thus increasing the risk of serious diseases. These signs often appear in secluded places, such as along walls, under piles of trash and behind or under boxes, boards and thick vegetation.
Because rodents gain access from the outside, it is critical to conduct regular inspections of your building exterior. Here are several areas to consider:
- Doors, windows and vents
- Weeds and other vegetative harborages
- Old equipment, pallets, boxes, etc., stored against the building
- Cracks and holes in the building
- Loading docks
- Utility openings in exterior walls
Interior inspections should entail:
- Floor and drain caps
- Pipe damage and openings around interior walls and floors
- Holes and cracks in expansion joints
- Sources of food, water and harborage
Pest Control in Food Processing Plants and Warehouses
You will never have to worry about biosecurity issues again once you implement the VLINK™ system. Victor® VLINK™ integrated rodent control helps you proactively eliminate rodent populations while identifying the root cause of infestations in your facility. Several prominent features of Victor® VLINK™ integrated rodent control include:
- The latest IoT technology.
- Cloud-based facility monitoring 24/7/365.
- Instant alerts for activity and kills.
- A reliable, long-range network.
- Proactive hotspot insights and data.
Real-Time Visibility Into Rodent Control
While eliminating a single rodent is easy, eradicating an entire population is much more challenging. The only way to solve a rodent problem — and prevent resurgence — is to know where all the rodents are in a facility in real time. VLINK™ uses IoT technology, cloud-based monitoring and proactive analytics to achieve this.
The VLINK™ eradication process covers these three steps:
- Deploy: Simply place the smart traps around a facility. The traps connect wirelessly to a central hub.
- Monitor: Observe activity as traps alert you to rodent movement in real time.
- Prevent: Use analytics and reporting data to locate hotspots and potential entry sources.
More Than a Traditional Rodent Trap
VLINK™ is an innovation in rodent control. With traditional methods, you only know where your traps are — not the rodents. VLINK™ tells you where the rodents are before and after the kill.
With this knowledge, you can spend less time inspecting traps and more time solving the problem. Among the added benefits of VLINK™ integrated rodent control are:
- Integrated connectivity: One VLINK™ hub can connect to an unlimited number of traps, and each hub can cover more than 100,000 square feet.
- Built-to-last design: The rugged, water-resistant shell and three-year-plus battery life can endure the most challenging commercial environments.
- Rapid and precise results: VLINK™ tunnel traps provide accurate reporting and 100% kill rates. That means you never have to check empty traps.
- Effective and concealed entrances: Dual entrances keep rodents secure and hidden until servicing.
- Proactive prevention: Online insights and control data identify hotspots and potential sources of entry.
- Instant and humane: VLINK™ tunnel traps deliver an instantaneous, clean and humane shock, unlike traditional pesticides and extermination methods.
Why Food Processing Plants Should Use VLINK™ Pest Control
VLINK™ rodent control is perfect for mice and rat control in food facilities because it employs the most modern and effective techniques to provide protection. Unlike traditional extermination methods that use potentially harmful chemicals, VLINK™ employs efficient, humane solutions. Here are several more reasons to consider using VLINK™ pest control in your food warehouse:
- No chemicals or odors: VLINK™ does not employ potentially harmful chemicals that produce strong odors.
- Long-term solutions: Instead of just killing mice, VLINK™ gets to the root cause, allowing you to find out where rodents are entering your building.
- Innovative technology: We combine several proven scientific methods that work together rather than relying on a single chemical formula.
- Concealment: Deceased rodents stay hidden until removal.
- Connectivity: A long-range connection provides activity reports 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cost-effective: VLINK™ saves you money by being more effective more quickly and for an extended period.
Try VLINK™ Integrated Rodent Control at Your Food Facility Today
At Woodstream, we're committed to providing the most effective and advanced rodent control products to our customers while promoting a healthy environment. VLINK™ is the latest example of how we're staying ahead of our competition. To learn more about VLINK™ or any of our other products, contact us today.