Rodent Control in Government Facilities
Because many government facilities operate on taxpayer dollars, they often work with extremely tight budgets, especially with services like rodent control. Some of these structures have outdated building materials in the walls, floors, ceilings and doorways, allowing easy access for rodents and other unwanted pests. Government agencies must use the most reliable and cost-effective pest control resources to get successful results when facing these challenges.
That's where VLINK™ comes into play.
At Woodstream, we've leveraged our many years of engineering experience in pest control to offer one of the most effective integrated rodent control systems on the market. Victor® VLINK™ combines several approaches to eradicate rodent populations for the long haul. We understand government standards and regulations in pest control, and we can help you work through the initial setup stages, whether you need pest control for an office, public housing or other government building.
Rodent Control Guidelines for Government Buildings
Some government and public buildings have strict health codes to uphold. If agencies do not use the proper treatment against a rodent population, these standards can quickly become at risk. Among the dangers of rodent infestations includes allergens, food contamination and the spread of diseases.
That's why a proactive approach to controlling rodent infestations is essential in ensuring the health, safety and sanitation inside these buildings and of the people who frequent them. Here are several measures government employees can take to keep rodents away:
- Keep food in protective containers with tight-sealing lids.
- Ensure cleanliness in sink areas and cooking areas and on food prep surfaces.
- Make sure trash cans have covers.
- Seal gaps around doors and windows.
- Inspect drains and plumbing for cracks or clogs.
- Trust in a reputable pest control service to incorporate a protection plan.
Additionally, frequent visual inspections for mice can help identify a potential rodent problem before it becomes severe. Cursory checks take little time and can save a significant amount of money and stress if done correctly. Several things to look for on a visual inspection include:
- Rodent droppings around cupboards, drawers, containers and food prep surfaces and beneath the sink.
- Nesting material like shredded paper or balled-up fabric.
- Food packages that show signs of chewing, biting or clawing.
- Holes near floors or walls that have potentially created an entry point.
- Stale or unusual smells coming from hidden or unfrequented areas.
By working together, employees and higher-ups in management can minimize these inspection efforts to create a healthy, pest-free environment in and around a facility. Periodic education and training for employees on the potential hazards of rodent infestation can go a long way in providing the commitment and motivation to succeed.
How Your Government Business Can Benefit From VLINK™
Among the benefits of VLINK™ integrated rodent control are:
- One VLINK™ hub can connect to an unlimited number of traps and cover over 100,000 square feet.
- The VLINK™ system provides comprehensive data analytics with its location monitoring and custom floor plans.
- VLINK™ delivers more consistent kill rates without false triggers than traditional traps.
Keeping Your Government or Public Building Rodent-Free
In many cases, a single rodent can be the catalyst for a potentially large infestation. Victor® VLINK™ integrated rodent control allows you to eliminate mice while making sure they never return. At Woodstream, our goal is to take away your stress by furnishing you with a system that's proven to work.
The main features of the VLINK™ system are:
- IoT-enabled traps.
- Cloud-based facility monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
- Instant notifications of activity and kills.
- A reliable long-range network.
- Hotspot data and insight alerts.
VLINK™ Technology Offers Instant Visibility
One of the most impressive features of the VLINK™ system is its ability to notify you of any suspicious activity and alert you when a killing occurs. This feature allows you to know precisely where a potential infestation is happening in your facility. With these capabilities, you can focus on the essential aspects of your job duties rather than checking traps.
Here is the three-step process behind the VLINK™ system:
- Deploy: Place the smart traps around your government building. These traps connect to a central hub wirelessly.
- Monitor: VLINK™ will provide activity and kill alerts, allowing you to monitor all rodent activity.
- Prevent: The system will give you data and insight to help determine root causes and entry points.
Why Government Buildings Should Use VLINK™
Unlike traditional extermination methods that use chemicals, VLINK™ rodent control employs more technologically advanced and humane functions. Our tunnel traps use a high-voltage shock that offers a cleaner and more practical alternative to traditional pesticides. Here are several important reasons to choose VLINK™ before considering another method with limited effectiveness:
- VLINK™ ensures low-level risk to building employees and the environment.
- It is more cost-effective over time than chemical pesticides.
- It uses combined approaches from several methods proven to work.
- Rodents stay hidden in traps until removal.
Try VLINK™ Rodent Control in Your Government Building Today
At Woodstream, one of our primary goals is to provide effective pest control solutions to consumers while promoting a healthy environment. We believe the VLINK™ system is the most effective of its kind, emphasizing our leadership in the pest control industry. To learn more about VLINK™ or any of our other products, contact us today.